One of the best ways to have a fresh, smooth and clean cup of coffee while you’re enjoying the outdoors is to take your Aeropress. This lightweight, very durable and portable brewer always going to give you a good brew wherever you are: Hiking, biking, camping or at home.
What do you need:
- AeroPress brewer and filter
- 15g of coffee / Medium fine grind
- Hot water / 93-96 degrees Celsius /
If you want to brew something closer to a regular cup of coffee, the suggested Ratio starting point is around 75 grams per litre as in this brew 15 grams to 200ml (200g) of water.
- Measure and grind 15g of coffee as fine as table salt.
- Pull your plunger out, put a paper filter into the filter holder and lock it into the body of the brewer. Run some hot water through to heat the brewer and rinse the paper.
- Place a mug or whatever you´re going to brew into on your digital scales put the main part of the brewer on top and add the coffee.
- Start the timer and add 200ml (200g) of water. Make sure you get all the coffee wet, as you pour and get up to 200 grams.
- Give the coffee a quick stir and place the plunger on the brew chamber and pull up slightly to create a pressure seal. Don´t push down yet!
- At around 1:30 take the mug and brewer off the scales and gently press down the plunger, stopping as soon as you hear a hissing sound. .
- Enjoy your coffee